Home / FAQ
- Q. Can I wear FemiCushion directly touching the skin, or does it need to be worn with underwear?
- A. FemiCushion is designed to be worn directly touching the skin.
- Q. Does the cushion need to directly touch the vaginal opening?
- A. The cushion needs to be applied directly to the vaginal opening. Since it is made of 100% medical-grade silicon, it is safe for the body. Silicon rubber is acknowledged as a medical-grade material in Japan, and is regarded as being safer than other materials. Furthermore, FemiCushion is rated as an FDA Class 1 (1st grade) Medical Device and is CE-approved (European standard).
- Q. Can FemiCushion be used without the cushion?
- A. Prolapsed organs cannot be supported by a flat surface. This means that there is no beneficial effect without the cushion, so please always use it when wearing the supporter.
- Q. What if the supporter fits around the waist but is too big around the hips?
- A. Depending on your figure, the supporter may seem loose around the hip or thigh area, but this does not affect the product’s function.
- Q. Can I use FemiCushion all day?
- A. Yes, it is safe to use FemiCushion all day, but remember to always remove it before going to sleep.
- Q. What should I do with the cushions from my starter kit that I’m not using?
- A. Since the cushions are meant to be used according to your changing symptoms, we suggest keeping all three cushions on hand, just in case you need to change the size.
- Q. What should I do if I feel an uncomfortable chafing sensation from the cushion?
- A. This feeling of discomfort may be caused by menopause or when the vagina lacks moisture. We recommend trying to use FemiCushion with market brand vaginal jelly or petroleum jelly like Vaseline.
- Q. What should I do if I develop a rash?
- A. Because rashes are a common side effect of pelvic organ prolapse, we recommend that you have your doctor prescribe an ointment for this side effect.
- Q. What if humid weather makes it hard to dry the cushion?
- A. Dab the cushion lightly with a paper towel, or lint-free towel until dry. It may be convenient for you to have extra cushions on hand if needed.
- Q. Can I wear FemiCushion with a bodysuit or compression garment?
- A. Yes, medical specialists say that the organs will not prolapse even when abdominal pressure is applied if fixed firmly in place with FemiCushion.
- Q. Can I exercise while using FemiCushion?
- A. We recommend starting with minimal exercise at first, and if there are no feelings of discomfort, then it is okay to continue.
- Q. Is it okay to ride a bicycle while using FemiCushion?
- A. If the bicycle seat pushes the organs further inside, making it uncomfortable, then we recommend that you remove the cushion from the supporter while riding the bicycle; and then resetting the cushion after arriving at your destination. If it does not feel uncomfortable, then it is okay to ride a bicycle while using FemiCushion.
- Q. Can FemiCushion cause urinary tract infection?
- A. FemiCushion is safe to use and does not cause urinary tract infection if kept cleaned. To ensure that each component is clean and safe to use, please be sure to wash the cushion and holders after use. If using disposable holders, please use a new one each time you go to the bathroom. Even if the disposable holder is not wet, please change it every day.
Care and Maintenance
- Q. What should I do if the cushion starts to smell?
- A. If the cushion starts to develop an odor, please contact us and we can replace it with a new cushion.
- Q. What should I do if the cushion turns yellow?
- A. Silicon rubber may turn yellow if it is exposed to light. Although this does not affect the cushion’s function, it is possible to order replacement cushions if you prefer.
- Q. How do I clean the FemiCushion, and how often?
- A. The holder and supporter can either be hand washed or machine washed in a laundry net and lightly spin dried. Please remember to wash the cushion only after plugging the air hole with the provided cleaning plug.
- Q. When should I consider replacement parts?
- A. Depending on how long you use FemiCushion, replacement parts may be necessary. If the parts change color, start to smell, or are noticeably worn down, please consider replacing those parts. You may also order replacements for your convenience, such as having a spare supporter to wear while the other one is being washed.
- Q. How soon will my order arrive?
- A. Please see our shipping and payments page for more information.
- Q. What will the package look like?
- A. Your order will be shipped in a plain, unmarked package, and described as "Supporter" on the shipping label.