Home / FAQ
- Q. Who can use FemiCushion?
- A. Women who are experiencing painful symptoms due to uterine prolapse, bladder prolapse (cystocele), enterocele, and rectocele can use FemiCushion to relieve prolapse symptoms.
- Q. Can FemiCushion be used with rectal prolapse?
- A. While FemiCushion can treat rectocele, it is not designed to treat rectal prolapse.
- Q. Can I wear FemiCushion directly touching the skin, or does it need to be worn with underwear?
- A. The cushion needs to be applied directly to the vaginal opening. The cushion is made of 100% soft and flexible silicone, meaning it is gentle on the skin and does not irritate.
- Q. Can I just use the cushion?
- A. FemiCushion consists of three parts: a cushion which holds organs inside the body, a holder to absorb urine and other discharge, and a supporter worn like underwear that keeps the cushion steady. All components work together to provide prolapse relief. If not used together, you will not achieve the desired effect.
- Q. How long can I use FemiCushion?
- A. If properly maintained, FemiCushion is designed to last indefinitely. Many women have been using FemiCushion for over a year with no problem. We recommend wearing FemiCushion all day, but it is up to each user to determine when they should use it.
- Q. I had a hysterectomy. Can I still use FemiCushion?
- A. Yes, many women experience prolapse issues after a hysterectomy, and FemiCushion can help relieve prolapse symptoms.
- Q. Will the supporter show through clothing?
- A. No, each FemiCushion supporter is specifically designed to be discreet, no one will know you are wearing it underneath clothing.
- Q. The kit has three cushion sizes. Which one do I use?
- A. We recommend starting with the smallest size, and then moving to the larger ones depending on your level of support.
- Q. Can I use oils or lubrication on the cushion?
- A. Yes, we recommend water-based solutions or market brand vaginal jelly or petroleum jelly.
- Q. Can I exercise with FemiCushion?
- A. Yes, it is safe to exercise with FemiCushion. If you start to feel discomfort during exercise, try a lighter exercise routine, or stop until symptoms improve.
- Q. Can I have intercourse with FemiCushion?
- A. You will first need to take off FemiCushion when engaging in intercourse.
- Q. Can FemiCushion cause urinary tract infection?
- A. FemiCushion is safe to use and does not cause urinary tract infection if kept cleaned. To ensure that each component is clean and safe to use, please be sure to wash the cushion and holders after use. If using disposable holders, please use a new one each time you go to the bathroom.
- Q. I have a different question...
- A. Our support team would love to answer any question you may have. Please contact us through live chat or our contact form.
Care and Maintenance
- Q. How do I clean the FemiCushion, and how often?
- A. The cushion can be washed with soap and water. Please use the cleaning plug to plug the air hole in the bottom. The holder and supporter can either be hand washed or machine washed in a laundry net and lightly spin dried.
- Q. What should I do if the cushion starts to smell?
- A. If the cushion starts to develop an odor, please contact us and we can replace it with a new cushion.
- Q. What should I do if the cushion turns yellow?
- A. Silicon rubber may turn yellow if it is exposed to light. Although this does not affect the cushion’s function, it is possible to order replacement cushions if you prefer.
- Q. When should I consider replacement parts?
- A. Depending on how long you use FemiCushion, replacement parts may be necessary. If the parts change color, start to smell, or are noticeably worn down, please consider replacing those parts. You may also order replacements for your convenience, such as having a spare supporter to wear while the other one is being washed.
- Q. How soon will my order arrive?
- A. We ship all orders on the same day (excluding weekends and holidays). Packages typically take around three days to arrive.
- Q. What will the package look like?
- A. Your order will be shipped in a plain, unmarked package, and described as "Supporter" on the shipping label.